I started this 21-Day Bible Reading Plan
yesterday today (still working my way through attending to my newborn) and I wanted to share what struck me most from Day 1.
Day 1: Psalm 119:1-8.
Note: I am currently using the NLT version for my bible-readings.
These are the verses that struck me:
Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! (v5)
Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. (v6)
I will obey your decrees. Please don’t give up on me! (v8)
Psalm 119:5-6, 8 NLT
Who are those with integrity?
- Those who follow God’s instructions (v1) without compromise (v3)
- Those whose actions are consistent with God’s Word (v5)
How do I measure integrity?
- I compare my life, not with others’, but with God’s commands (v6)
How can I be and keep up being a woman of integrity?
- Obedience to God’s commands
- The passage teaches us to read God’s Word and spend time with Him (v2). It is when we do this that we learn about God’s commands that we are to follow without compromise.
- Obedience is actually gratitude towards God. (v7)
- God’s help (v8)
- We cannot have integrity apart from God’s help.
Please don’t give up on me!
I must admit that I am stubborn and impulsive in many areas. I am such a work in progress and I pray that not just my actions, but even my thoughts would consistently be pleasing to God. Humility and a heart that is pure, not arrogant, indifferent, and self-centered—this is what I ask God to help me with. I find myself saying, “Oh, that my thoughts and actions would consistently reflect You! I will obey Your Word. Please don’t give up on me!”
I pray that each of us live lives with integrity, lives that bring honor to the God we represent. I pray that our thoughts would consistently be pleasing to God, and that our actions would draw people to Him.
My dear Chadric Noah is turning 10 weeks old on Monday! Has it really been TEN weeks?! It was week 2 when I felt like week 3 wasn’t coming until Jesus returns!!! ? Will be back to work in less than a month’s time. Not a sepanx type of person but maybe this time around…